Post title: Training Coordinator.
Duration: 2 years (may be extended), starting as soon as possible.
Program: Training Department.
Reports to: Project Officer, Training Officer.
Working with: Trainers, Projects Coordinator, and Project Accountant.
The Youth Innovation Fund is a joint project between Alashanek ya Balady Association for Sustainable Development in Egypt and the Swiss Academy for Development in Switzerland that is aiming at empowering young people to implement their own innovative income-generating projects, with positive social or environmental impact on their local communities. The projects will be implement in teams and create decent, green jobs by cultivating the technical, business, and interpersonal skills that are required for starting a small green business and by providing youth with small-scale funding to get their businesses up and running.
B. Duties and responsibilities:
The training coordinator is accountable to:
• Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps.
• Liaise with subject matter experts regarding curriculum design.
• Develop training aid such as presentations and handouts.
• Organize or source training programs to meet specific training needs.
• Coordinate with stakeholders about training options.
• Map out training plans for individual participant.
• Present training programs using recognized training techniques and tools.
• Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods, including, classroom, and instructions and on – the – job coaching.
• Apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
• Track and report on training outcomes.
• Provide feedback to program management and participants.
• Test and make recommendations on training material and methodology.
• Handle logistics for training activities including venues and equipment.
• Establish and maintain relationships with external training suppliers.
• Coordinate off-site training and manage in-house training facilities and equipment.
• Manage training costs.
C. Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• University Degree.
• Excellent management skills, with a good sense of working in teams under time pressure.
• A record of volunteer experience (minimum 2 years).
• Very good knowledge of English.
• Very good knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. In addition to being able to carry out Internet research and type both Arabic and English.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a related field
D. Key competencies:
• Data gathering and analysis.
• Planning and organizing.
• Communication skills.
• Problem analysis and problem solving.
• Facilitation and coaching skills.
• Adaptable and a good team player.
• Self-discipline and motivation.
• Excellent time management.
E. Working Conditions and Compensation:
• Working days: Sunday to Thursday 10:00 – 18:00.
• Location: AYB-SD head office in Maddi.
Please send your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Training Coordinator” by MAXIMUM Sunday the 22nd of March 2015.